Last week we visited Portballintrae, a village right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, and close to the world-famous Giant’s Causeway, and the eve more famous Bushmills Distillery.
Portballintrae is very much a ‘dormitory’ village, now built up with modern apartments used a holiday home by people from elsewhere, which gives the visitor the impression that it is a soulless, sad place. There is a small harbour, and a boat-club with a small clubhouse, and a decent beach, topped by an archeological treasure, the Lissnahall Prehistoric Earthworks. A short drive leads to Bushmills, and I was intrigued by the bunting in the town square.
For the visit I took my Nikon F100 and my vintage FG20, both loaded with bulk Ilford FP4, ISO 125. The film was later developed in Ilfosol 3 and scanned, then adjusted in Lightroom.
Here’s some of the images:-
Here’s my ‘Image of the day’ Nikon FG20, Ilford FP4, f/11 @ 1/125th Sec on ISO125
Price List Restructuring.
We believe in complete openness and honesty, so we are informing everyone that as from 1st August 2017 we will be restructuring our Studio Price List.
This is the first real change in the Price List from 2005 and it is needed in order to meet the challenges and demands imposed by the wider availability of cheap inferior digital print services both online and in the local town squares and shopping malls. Some of these are ignoring the Copyright Laws.
To enable our studio to compete and to make a small profit we are making some changes. These are:
1. Single Prints. There will be a small increase in the cost of individual (single) prints. Single prints are our least profitable line – because of set up costs, postage etc.
2. Print Packages will rise very slightly, but will be better value, with additional product at both Bronze and silver level.
3. Digital Downloads. Here is our real challenge, and the threat to our existence. Our complete digital download package has been too cheap to reflect the true costs of production and the loss of wall-art sales due to cheap and inferior print services. The Gold full-resolution digital download will now be £250. That is still cheaper than other professional studios AND for the first time we will offer to sell single digital files and low resolution digital downloads. These will be £36 each for single files and £150 for a full gallery of low-resolution images (fine for mobile/Facebook etc.).
4. Photobooks remain a real value item. To reflect set-up costs the 10 image and 12 image books have risen slightly. The larger books have not changed.
5. Booking deposit. As previously announced a refundable booking deposit of £25 will apply to every booking without exception. This will be refunded or credited at the viewing. This change was reluctantly introduced only because of time wasters who book and then don’t turn up.
These changes will apply to all studio appointments from 1st August 2017.
Bob & Janette.
Booking Deposit £25
Please note that from 1st August 2017 EVERY studio booking (Including Promotional Vouchers, Charity Events etc) will be subject to a £25 booking deposit. This deposit will be fully refundable at your gallery viewing or can be used as credit towards our print packages. Please have your card ready when you ring to book.
‘Mini-Models’ and ‘Pet Portrait Awards’ etc where a charity contribution is involved, will have the contribution deducted from the amount before refund or credit.
We regret that this has become necessary due to a small number of inconsiderate people who fail to keep appointments and give no notice.
Here’s Lulu who brought her master up to our Dundonald studio today for her very own ‘DoggieStar’ Photoshoot! She’s gorgeous!
Here’s young Beau, making friends with Fluffy the studio pony!
Beau came for our popular ‘Mini-Models’ Photoshoot and competition in support of The Lullaby Trust.
Totally chillaxed, it’s Isabella, one of our studio favourites, relaxing with Big Ted the studio bear.
Isabella was in the studio for a Mini-Models’ Photoshoot to support The Lullaby Trust.
Here’s Jessica! Isn’t she just beautiful. She’s on our special ‘Baby’s First Year’ scheme, so there’ll be lots more of these lovely photos before she’s one.
Here’s Nisha, – she’s a proper wee mini-model! Full of smiles for the camera.
Here’s young Gerard, who visited the studio at Dundonald this morning for a special Photoshoot with his mum.