GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
The Data Protection Regulations are changing and we are preparing for compliance with the new EU rules. How will this affect YOU?
1. Existing Customers. If you’ve visited the studio in the past 15 years or so, we MAY still have your files (visual data) on our hard drive backup systems. On 25th May, these will be PERMANENTLY ERASED. IF YOU’D LIKE TO SEE YOUR FILES ONE MORE TIME BEFORE THIS HAPPENS, PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP.
RING Bob on 07802466302 or click ‘Book on-Line’ and select a date and time for a viewing.
2. Studio Visits. At your studio visit, the photographer will explain our data protection policies to you, and ask you to initial a section on the studio contract to indicate that he has done so.
Here’s the text of the agreement on data:-
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS. In order to comply with the GDPR please read and initial the sections below:
- YOUR DATA. We ask you to provide us with personal data on this form for the purpose of informing you about the progress of your session and any orders placed following it. We NEVER SHARE YOUR DATA WITH THIRD PARTIES. Very occasionally we may use your data to advise you about offers and promotions from ourselves only. You may request to see what data we hold on you at any time, in writing. You have the right to ask us to remove your data from our database. Such requests must be in writing.
- YOUR VISUAL IMAGES. Your visual images made during this session are regarded as ‘data’ for the purposes of this contract and the relevant regulations. To remain in compliance with the Regulations we will ERASE and DELETE all your images from our galleries and hard drives after the viewing. The only exceptions are those images which are purchased by the client, stored awaiting transfer to a laboratory, entered into a competition, or are used for advertising or publicity.
- PUBLICITY & SOCIAL MEDIA. Sometimes we publish selected photographs on our website, and/or on social media as a preview of your gallery. If you do NOT want any publicity, please tick the appropriate box on the agreement form.