GOT A NEW CAMERA?
GET OUT AND SHOOT! – And when you want to learn a bit more about camera-craft, and the art of photography, GET IN TOUCH. There are options:-
- Join Bob’s Photography Forum on Facebook – you can post your photos for analysis, ask questions and get help.
- Look on this site (Use the search facility) for tutorials on aspects of photography. There’s many good resources buried here. Click TRAINING
- Check out the new YouTube channel. It’s at YouTube Channel
- Join a DSLR/Mirrorless learning group at Dundonald. See options below.
STUDIO BASED COURSES:-
DSLR 101 – Bob’s great course for new DSLR / Mirrorless owners.
Learning photography basics from a qualified professional photographer with thirty years experience – this course will take you from little or no knowledge to a level where you can take control of your camera and unleash your creative ability. In three evening sessions you will learn:
- What’s the point of Photography? The art and the science behind the camera.
- Basic camera functions. (Shutter speed / aperture / ISO). What on earth are ‘f/stops?’
- Metering and light sensitivity.
- AP, SP, P or M? How to be your camera’s boss.
- White Balance.
- Lenses and Focussing.
- Genres and motivation.
Bring your camera.
The course extends over three evenings (7pm to 10pm) at Dundonald and is complete with notes, and practical demonstrations and hands-on sessions. The course concludes with an optional Saturday Morning photowalk in Belfast, and debrief/discussion. For Photowalk information click this link:-
The price for the whole course including optional photowalk is £75. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 6 people per course.
Photoshop 101 – Bob’s great course for new DSLR owners to learn basic digital developing.
‘Developing? Isn’t that something enthusiast photographers did back in the old days, before digital was invented?’ Yes it was – and it still is. But many modern digital photographers forget that in the days of film, we paid to get someone to do our developing for us. We sent our films off to a lab, who made our negatives into prints. Think of the photographs you take in your camera as ‘negatives.’ They still need developed, only now you need to do that yourself. That’s where Photoshop comes in. Nowadays, we call this, POST CAPTURE PROCESSING, and if you can’t do it, you’re not getting the best from your camera. This course teaches you how basic photoshop skills can enhance your images, and make them really stand out.
- Bring your laptop.
- Why photoshop!
- Basic functions. Cropping, sizing etc.
- Histograms and levels.
- Working with Layers.
- Editing – using brushes and tools.
- Output for print, internet etc.
The course extends over three evenings (7pm to 10pm) at Dundonald and is complete with notes, and practical demonstrations and hands-on sessions.
The price for the whole course is £75. Numbers are limited to a maximum of 6 people per course.
Sign Up! Enter your details below, and we’ll let you know when the next course is due to start: