It’s really difficult to price photography.
You’re not just buying a photograph, you are buying time in the studio or on location, buying the photographer’s skills and ability, insurance and equipment must also be supplied and maintained, so that your photographs are the best possible. To help you with pricing, this page has a list of packages, compiled here for your convenience and for comparison.
The cost of professional photography depends on what outcome you want. Every studio visit at our Dundonald Studio costs £45, which is due at the time of booking. This is your payment for studio and processing time and studio facilities. After that, you can buy a single print from just £15! So your visit could cost as little as £60.
If you wish to have the digital files (copyright release) this costs £195, which includes your studio visit, one large print 12×16 inch photo, (which is designed to fit a ‘Ribba’ frame from IKEA) and two 7×5 inch mounted prints. Files are supplied in high resolution, unmarked, on a disc, which can be stored to your computer and kept. Your studio visit fee is deducted from the £195, so your final payment is £150 on collection of prints.
If you’d like to upgrade your visit to include a value deal, we offer a series of standard packages. something for everyone – to make choosing a little easier:-
After your photoshoot is complete you will need an outcome! You’ll want prints or wall art or digital files. What options are there?
- Event Prints. These are usually made on-site for events like graduations and balls, fundraising events etc. They are a quality glossy print, printed using a professional mini-lab using Dye-Sublimation, and mounted in a black slip-in free-standing mount. Our on-site value product option.
- Art Prints are our preferred outcome for our studio shoots. Colour corrected and balanced and printed on 260gsm heavyweight lustre photo-paper with a guaranteed minimum 30 year non-fade life in natural light. Prints up to 10×8 inches are presented in heavy white AvantGuard card mounts, ready to frame.
- Museum Prints. The Rolls Royce of print production. These prints are printed on extra-heavy 300gsm photo paper (usually matt) and coated with a UV varnish for perfect colour brilliance and longevity.
- Canvas Prints. Our canvasses are produced to order at a professional lab in Germany, using top quality canvas cloth, printed using Giclée inks, and coated with UV varnish for durability. The canvasses are stretched and folded to professional standards, to make wall decor that will grace any modern living space.
- Wall Art. All our prints can be presented framed to high standards by our carefully selected professional framer, who will coordinate the colours and style of the frame, print and matte to compliment your own living area scheme.
- Digital Downloads. We retain copyright on all our images. However, you may wish to purchase full resolution downloads, which may then be used at your own discretion. These are supplied at 240 – 300 dpi, and are fully processed, developed and balanced. Usually once the customer has purchased access to the original files, a download facility is made available in an on-line gallery, and the customer has instant access to transfer the files via broadband to a home computer.
The choice is always yours, – but whatever your outcome may be, you can be sure that you will be buying a high quality product.