9 Tips for Including Your Pets in Family Photos.
In principal we enjoy having your pets along for your photoshoot – we are very happy to meet the furry part of your family.
1) Please let us know in advance. There might be things we need to do in the studio to make them safe or provide them water and so on.
2) Be sure your pet will be comfy in a new room. Dogs, tortoises, rabbits and so on are usually pretty relaxed about being in new places. Cats really don’t get on with it all.
3) Bring a collar and lead. During the shoot we might well be able to do without it, or at least hide it away. Outside of the shoot there might be all sorts of reasons why your pet needs to be secure.
4) Bring treats. These are great bribery and we can frequently create poses with your pet looking or waiting for their treat.
5) Bring their preferred toy. The photographer can use it to make certain the pet’s attention is in the right place. We can also use it for some fun games with your animal.
6) Keep your animal cool, especially dogs. If it means coming over in the car with the air conditioning on please do. You don’t want you dog all panting with his tongue hanging out.
7) We know accidents happen, don’t worry about it. If you can take your pet for a short comfort break before the shoot starts that would be great.
8) Give your animal lots of strokes. Despite outward appearances it may still be stressful for them and lots of contact and comfort will help them relax.
9) I’ve never seen an animal react to our studio flashes, the flash is very short and doesn’t seem to bother animals at all.