Price List Restructuring.
We believe in complete openness and honesty, so we are informing everyone that as from 1st August 2017 we will be restructuring our Studio Price List.
This is the first real change in the Price List from 2005 and it is needed in order to meet the challenges and demands imposed by the wider availability of cheap inferior digital print services both online and in the local town squares and shopping malls. Some of these are ignoring the Copyright Laws.
To enable our studio to compete and to make a small profit we are making some changes. These are:
1. Single Prints. There will be a small increase in the cost of individual (single) prints. Single prints are our least profitable line – because of set up costs, postage etc.
2. Print Packages will rise very slightly, but will be better value, with additional product at both Bronze and silver level.
3. Digital Downloads. Here is our real challenge, and the threat to our existence. Our complete digital download package has been too cheap to reflect the true costs of production and the loss of wall-art sales due to cheap and inferior print services. The Gold full-resolution digital download will now be £250. That is still cheaper than other professional studios AND for the first time we will offer to sell single digital files and low resolution digital downloads. These will be £36 each for single files and £150 for a full gallery of low-resolution images (fine for mobile/Facebook etc.).
4. Photobooks remain a real value item. To reflect set-up costs the 10 image and 12 image books have risen slightly. The larger books have not changed.
5. Booking deposit. As previously announced a refundable booking deposit of £25 will apply to every booking without exception. This will be refunded or credited at the viewing. This change was reluctantly introduced only because of time wasters who book and then don’t turn up.
These changes will apply to all studio appointments from 1st August 2017.
Bob & Janette.