August ‘Mini-Models’ are all now submitted to our ‘National Child Portrait Competition!’ – Raising funds for the Lullaby Trust to help promote healthy sleep in for babies.
Last month 12 lovely Mini-models took part in the local competition, between them raising £120 for The Lullaby trust. And here they all are…
Join in here…
Price List Restructuring.
We believe in complete openness and honesty, so we are informing everyone that as from 1st August 2017 we will be restructuring our Studio Price List.
This is the first real change in the Price List from 2005 and it is needed in order to meet the challenges and demands imposed by the wider availability of cheap inferior digital print services both online and in the local town squares and shopping malls. Some of these are ignoring the Copyright Laws.
To enable our studio to compete and to make a small profit we are making some changes. These are:
1. Single Prints. There will be a small increase in the cost of individual (single) prints. Single prints are our least profitable line – because of set up costs, postage etc.
2. Print Packages will rise very slightly, but will be better value, with additional product at both Bronze and silver level.
3. Digital Downloads. Here is our real challenge, and the threat to our existence. Our complete digital download package has been too cheap to reflect the true costs of production and the loss of wall-art sales due to cheap and inferior print services. The Gold full-resolution digital download will now be £250. That is still cheaper than other professional studios AND for the first time we will offer to sell single digital files and low resolution digital downloads. These will be £36 each for single files and £150 for a full gallery of low-resolution images (fine for mobile/Facebook etc.).
4. Photobooks remain a real value item. To reflect set-up costs the 10 image and 12 image books have risen slightly. The larger books have not changed.
5. Booking deposit. As previously announced a refundable booking deposit of £25 will apply to every booking without exception. This will be refunded or credited at the viewing. This change was reluctantly introduced only because of time wasters who book and then don’t turn up.
These changes will apply to all studio appointments from 1st August 2017.
Bob & Janette.
Greyhounds are fantastic dogs, and they make really sweet pets. Very often they are raced to exhaustion and then destroyed when they can race no more, but there are lots of rescued greyhounds living as pets in people’s homes, and enjoying life to the full. They are so quiet and companionable, and they just love human company.
Today Flint, a rescued Greyhound came with his owners to our Dundonald studio to pose for the camera and to enter the Pet Portrait Awards in support of Dogs Trust.
Here he is, totally chilled out on the studio floor…
Six month old Archie came to Dundonald today to visit the studio, and pose for the camera as part of our special National Baby Portrait Club. Here’s one of his lovely photos…
Join up here:
Baby Portrait Club
Bailey the cuddly friendly LlasoApsa Cross came to visit our Dundonald studio today, and demonstrated how he could walk on his back legs, and snuggle up to a photographer! Here’s just one of his amazing images…
Here’s Crazy Maisie, who bounded into the studio this afternoon with her doggy friend Barney and her human family, for a special photoshoot and to support #DogsTrust by entering our Pet Portrait Awards competition. She could win her owners £1000!
Enter your best friend here: Click to enter YOUR dog!
Here’s TED the Shitzu – who visited our studio today with his human ‘minders’ Emma and Aaron, for his special photoshoot! We had a great time and Ted could well qualify as the very best behaved little dog in the whole world!
Young Robbie arrived at the studio yesterday, along with his big brother Adam, and his mum and dad, for one of our fantastic Family Portrait Experiences! Here’s just a couple of the brilliant photographs we made during their visit…
And there’s many more! If YOU’D like to come and have the time of your life in our professional studio, ring us on 07802466302 or text FAMILY to the same number.